To help you get well and feel great again, we're going to need to work together, as a team. We'll need to do some detective work and compare notes
. To that end, your customized program includes:
The initial evaluation will include the following:
- A Comprehensive Initial Evaluation (1-1/2 hours). During your first visit to Infinity Wellness, we will engage in a detailed conversation about your “health story” starting from childhood up to the current state of your health. We will discuss potential approaches to improve your health and I will recommend laboratory testing to identify the underlying causes of your symptoms. The visit is primarily an information gathering and sharing session. I may make some simple recommendations at this time, but most customized advice will be deferred until after lab results are in and there has been time to thoughtfully consider your case.
- Extensive review of your medical, nutrition and exercise history, eating behaviors and lifestyle.
- Determination of your health and fitness goals.
- Body composition (body fat) measurement using a state-of-the-art bioelectrical impedance scale.
- Lab test recommendations (conventional labs as well as specialized testing options for digestive imbalances, vitamins/nutrients, hormones, etc.).
- Follow-up Private Consultations. Following your initial evaluation, the follow up consultations will depend on the complexity of your case. I offer a membership plan that consist of regular appointments (depending on your conditions and goals) over a six or twelve-month period. Habits, patterns and chronic health conditions take a while to develop. Three to six months is a relatively brief time frame to expect to resolve them, and it's important that we meet regularly to keep you on course towards your long-term goals. These follow-up consultations may be in person, over the phone or Skype.
- Action plans following each visit. I'll give you simple steps to take, things to think about and consider, and resources to explore before our next consultation. You'll implement and report back with what's working and what needs adjustment.
- We'll build the components of your customized health protcol based on your health goals. Depending on your situation, we'll address the following:
- Extensive review of lab results. Get an in-depth understanding of your unique biochemistry and physiology using conventional lab work as well as specialized functional tests.
- Body composition measurements. Ensure that all of the changes to your nutrition, exercise and lifestyle are leading to the desired effect on your body composition—more muscle, less fat.
- Customized supplement plan. Based on your lab test results and designed to correct any imbalances, I’ll prescribe precisely what your body needs and nothing more.
- Plan for weaning off prescription medications (if indicated). The problem with most prescription medications is that they rarely address the cause of your condition. They usually just treat the symptoms and cause unwanted side effects. We'll work together to wean you partially or totally off of them whenever feasible.
- Stress reduction techniques. Excessive stress has a negative effect on your health. I'll recommend specific strategies to help you push the "pause button" and unwind. You'll not only have greater peace of mind, but your entire system will respond positively. You'll feel more energized and you'll be more satisfied with your life overall.
“To know what has to be done, then do it, comprises the whole philosophy of practical life.” - Sir William Osler, MD
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates
Functional Medicine incorporates the latest in genetic science, systems biology, and understanding of how environmental and lifestyle factors influence the emergence and progression of disease.
Functional Medicine enables physicians to practice proactive, predictive, personalized medicine and empowers patients to take an active role in their own health.